Client: Department of Roads
Funding Agency: JICA
Period: March, 2017 to June 2022 (on-going)
Consulting Association: Nippon Koei Co.Ltd-EJEC-NCCE, Japan, GEOCE Consultants (P) Ltd, ITECO Nepal
Approx. Value of Services: Total- Yen 63.65 million, US$ 786,375 & NRs 216 million. GEOCE’s part-NRs 102 M
Professional Staff Input: International (5) and National (1188) person months.
Detail design and construction supervision of Nagdhunga Tunnel Construction to improve connectivity of Tribhuvan Highway with Kathmandu Valley. Basic features of the project include following construction
- Tunnel 2.71 km, 2 lanes, carriageway width 9.5 m, grade 3.5%
- Approach road 2.60 km, 2 lanes, carriageway width 7m, 2 m shoulder
- Bridge, 2 no
- Toll facility, west side 3 booths, 3 lanes each and east side 2 booths, 2 lanes each
- Tunnel management office, west side area 390 m2 and east side 300 m2
- Disposal area development at the east portal;
- Transmission line 4.14 km.
Project cost: US$ 150 million.
The scope of services comprise of:
- Detailed Design which include basic design of tunnel, engineering surveys and investigations, highway geometric, pavement and drainage, embankment cut and slope protection/retaining structure, intersection, main tunnel, tunnel portal, tunnel facilities inside and outside of tunnel, disposal area development, bridges and structures, road safety facility and miscellaneous works, transmission line, tender drawings, cost estimates.
- Assistance for Procurement of Works
- Construction supervision
- Implementation of EMP, EMoP, RAP
- Technology transfer on tunnel design and construction supervision
- Capacity development for tunnel O & M