The project was awarded to ICEM-GEOCE JV on May 22, 2018 by World Bank. The scope of services include to assess and advise on the future climate and seismic risk to road investments in Nepal – through the application of climate and seismic vulnerability assessment of specified roads (some 750 km and 86 bridges, comprising Chinchu-Jajarkot, Khodpe-Chainpur, Satbanj-Darchula, Satbanj-Tripurasundari, Sitalpati-Musikot, Surkhet-Jumla, Talldungeshwor-Dailekh and Narayanghat-Mugling under the WB funded RSDP and NIRTTP) and identify the highest impact or hot spot areas; apply a landscape approach to planning; propose risk mitigation activities to demonstrate a systematic approach to risk assessment and mitigation of roads for the Department of Roads to apply to other sections of the Strategic Road Network and specific road sector projects.
- ADB TA 9457 NEP, Institutional Strengthening of the Nepal Rural Road Sector for Sustainable Development, Consulting Services (48218-003)
- Land Transport Master Plan of State 1
- Improving the Resilience of Nepal’s Strategic Roads Network
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Sunkoshi-Marin Diversion Multipurpose Project
- UK Support to Post Earthquake Recovery in Nepal Project